Open Day 2017
Information Evening - Wednesday 3 May, 7pm - 8pm, Performing Arts Centre
Open Day - Saturday 6 May
Tours: 9:30am, 10:00am, 10:30am, 11:00am and 11:30am
Choosing a secondary school is a big decision. At Information Evening you'll get a sense of the purpose, dedication and care we extend to all students. Come and see if we're a good fit for your child. The evening is aimed at prospective families in Grade 5/6 making the choice of secondary school, and will provide you with details and information on the following:
- Transition process, dates to remember and timelines
- Curriculum and Special Opportunities for your child: Performing Arts and LEAP (Learning Enhancement and Acceleration) programs and the application process for each
- Camp program for Year 7 2018
- Transportation information including application, fees and routes
- Caring for our students in transition and beyond: Wellbeing and support services, Integration, our restorative work with staff and students, and our anti-bullying approach "Shared Responsibility"
- College expectations: High expectations for staff and students
- Concern for the personal and academic development of your child
- School Captains share experiences of their journey at Whittlesea Secondary College and discuss leadership opportunities available to all students
Start the discovery...
Open Day is designed for all prospective families to experience the journey of a student from Year 7 through to Year 12. You'll get a great sense of the broad range of programs, supports and opportunities available for your child as they grow through Junior, Middle and Senior schools, ready for the world of work and as developed social citizens.
- Tour the college and its spacious grounds (tours leave at 9:30am, 10:00am, 10:30am, 11:00am and 11:30am)
- Tour the new cafeteria and see the progress on our new $4m Junior School Centre
- Take the journey through Junior School, Middle School and Senior School opportunities
- Meet with teachers in their subject areas to discuss our Academic programs and the curriculum they deliver
- See our facilities including TTC, Performing Arts, VCE Centre, Community Gardens, Outdoor classroom, Sport and Recreation gymnasium, Digital Audio Visual setups in most classrooms, other dedicated subject specific areas
- View high quality work produced by students
- Meet our friendly college staff and student leaders who are on hand to answer your questions and assist you on the day
- See aspects of the teaching and learning environment
- Enjoy music performances by College students